Cervical pain is the most common ailment these days affecting thousands of people irrespective of sex globally.
Injury, accidents, ailments like osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease and spinal stenosis is some of the most common reasons for cervical pain in body. Even Poor posture, weak abdominal muscles and obesity also causes cervical pain.
Cervical back pain
Cervical back pain mainly affects people above 40 or 50 years of age. As the age increases, neck pain deepens and results into cervical back pain. Degenerative disorders like osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis are the major reason for the development of cervical back pain.
People suffering from this medical condition experiences numbness, pain and finds it hard to perform daily routine activities. The various symptoms of cervical back pain are fractures of spine, spinal tumors and spinal cord compression.
Cervical neck pain
Cervical neck pain shows number of signs and symptoms which help your doctor to diagnose its causes. These symptoms include:
- Muscle spasm: Sudden, involuntary and powerful contraction of muscles is known as spasm. Muscles become painful, knotted and stiff and make it difficult for a sufferer to move your neck. People often call it as crick in neck and your doctor may call it acute torticollis.
- Muscle ache: Muscle become sore and have hard knots which are too tender to touch causing muscle aches. It may affect one side or the middle part of your neck.
- Stiffness: The muscles of neck are tight and they become even tighter if you sit in one particular condition for longer time. Neck stiffness causes immense pain in neck which makes it difficult to move.
- Nerve pain: Cervical neck pain also causes pain in arms and legs sometimes. You may feel tingling sensation accompanied by other symptoms such as numbness, burning sensation and weakness etc. This type of pain becomes severe during night time.
- Headaches: Cervical neck pain also results into headache. This type of headache is felt at the back of the head which sometimes radiates to sides and even front of head.
- Dizziness: when position detectors in the joint of your cervical vertebrae get injured, it may result into dizziness.
Cervical spine pain
Cervical spine pain mainly occurs due to stiffness in neck. Tension or stress in the neck muscle also leads to cervical spine pain. Even after taking massage therapy and adequate rest symptoms persist, then it should be administered by doctor. Cervical spine pain makes it difficult for a person to move his or her head.
Administration of hot compressors can play a good role in treating sprained neck. It may also cause tingling sensation in limbs, weakness and numbness on regular basis. Since nerves also get badly affected due to this ailment, lack of proper communication between brain and nerves develops which further makes limbs weak and causes decreased motor functioning.
If cervical spine pain is not treated and turns into cervical spine cancer, general symptoms of flu and fever may develop. This will weaken your immune system and cause loss of appetite, frequent bouts of night sweats and weight loss.
Cervical pain relief
To get rid of cervical pain symptoms, it’s important to take some cervical pain relief steps in your daily lifestyle!
Improvement in your posture can help you a lot. Muscles that are working out of balance leads to tension in upper part of your body and cervical pain. But once, you gain proper body posture while working, it will strengthen your muscles and help in getting rid of cervical pain.
Perform stretching exercises during day as it helps in getting cervical pain relief fast. Stretching in rotating directions refreshes your spine and spinal disc in an easy way. Also it provides oxygen and improves blood flow in spine thus protecting body from cervical pain.