The most common ailment that affects so many people is lower back pain. To avert back pain and prevent injury, there are exercises that strengthen the lower back muscles. Lower back exercises for men improve joint movements and flexibility. In order to have ripping, defining back muscles, back strengthening exercises is crucial.
Apart from stronger, sexy looking back, back exercises for men offer a drastic improvement in the pasture. Improved posture helps to look more poised and graceful. It gives relaxed feel as the back muscles have the tendency to tighten in stressful situations. Relaxed back makes relaxed mind as well.
Some of the back exercises for men include the following:
- Dumbbell row is an effective back exercise for men to strengthen upper back that makes their body into classic “v” shape. It requires a pair of dumbbell and an exercise bench. Keep one leg atop the bench and lie on the ground by keeping the back parallel to the ground. Hold dumbbell in one hand and imagine as if you are rowing in this position. Repeat with the dumbbell in the other hand.
- Dumbbell pullover is another great back exercise for lat muscles. Lay on the bench on your back with dumbbells in both hands. Lower the dumbbells behind your head and then bring it back up over head again.
- Dead lifts are a great power building exercises that work spine, quadriceps, buttocks, hips, forearms, lats and abdominals. It gives overall strength as they are the total body workouts that target lower back muscles.
- Hyper extensions help to strengthen the spinal erectors, buttock and hamstrings.
- Back extensions are best for people who are just starting and can be performed without weight.
- The Good Morning exercise can be performed with a barbell set and is an excellent exercise to develop buttock muscles.
- Pelvic tilt is a movement in which, the pelvis is tilted backwards by pressing the lower back against the mat or floor. It can be performed by laying down back on the floor or mat. And placing one hand on the lower back.
It is important to incorporate back exercises for men that strengthen back muscles into a workout plan. Weight training is one of the key elements in strengthening muscles. By strengthening back muscles reduce the risk of lower back injury and can live strong and stay young. Strengthening back muscles is the route to get six pack abs.