It is sad to say that people addicted with drugs, alcohol and even other bad habits often consider them helpless. They actually think that their situation cannot be cured with anything they try out.
However, It is said that drug addiction can be treated at initial stages if you are self determined and willing. But if you are at later stages you need the professional drug addiction help.
Being self determined for getting the best rehab treatment is important
Of course, the first good reason of getting the drug addiction help is your health.
While the risk of suffering from lung cancer or heart attack is greatly reduced, you will experience positive effects such as increased lung capacity and stamina. Other tips for getting the treatment include:
- Be serious with your commitment and try to curb the desire to take drugs by performing some other activity whenever you experience the strong urge.
- Do not be discouraged if you are unable to control yourself and resume. Many attempts are required to yield fruitful results.
- Try phasing it out by minimizing the consumption of drugs over a period of time instead of cutting it down to zero in a single shot
- Think of your loved ones and what it means to them if your health is adversely affected or when they are subjected to your company
- Try to avoid the company of fellow-smokers and drug takers as much as you can
- Try to surround yourself with people who encourage you to help in getting rid of drug addiction
- Develop a creative hobby which keeps you mentally occupied
- You can also try various therapies and join forum of likeminded people who wish to get healthy
What is the concept of outpatient care and how it is different from inpatient programs?
In outpatient drug rehab, they are provided with intensive therapies which wax and wane the symptoms affected by such people. This is the same sort of treatment provided to anyone with chronic ailments such as diabetes, flu etc.
Outpatient rehabilitation programs are specially designed for addicts which provides the Drug addiction help to people who don’t live together. In Residential or inpatient programs, people have to move in in order to receive therapies but in outpatient program, the addicts can enjoy staying up at home itself.
Basically there are two types of outpatient care and addiction help programs. These are intensive and non-intensive.
According to experts in intensive outpatient care program addicts are required to participate in specially designed therapies for few hours per week, though this can vary from person to person. While in a non-intensive program, drug addict is required to participate for less hours.
Services provided by outpatient drug rehab and its benefits
Outpatient treatment program not only just passively provide services to addict but make attempts to look at addict’s life closely to see how addiction can be managed in holistic way. In an inpatient program, addict is helped to move past an addiction-related crisis while outpatient program helps addict to put his or her life together. It also offers other programs too. These are
- Job counseling
- Health care
- Family therapy
- Legal services
You would be glad to know that outpatient care for providing the most effective drug addiction help which is significantly less expensive than impatient care. This is because there are no facilities of food, shelter and amenities in outpatient program. Also the staff is not required to stay 24 hours.
Moreover, some people are much more attached to their family and other support groups on whom they can lean on during troubled times. They can use this network during recovery and make network stronger. This makes relapse less likely to occur too.