Laser therapy makes use of intense beams of light to cut, destroy or burn tissue in a precise manner. The laser words stand for “light amplication by stimulated emission of radiation”.
The radiation sources of laser light beam used in laser therapy are not only small but safe also thus causing no health problems in patient’s body. Laser therapy is used for various medical purposes. Laser beam is very small and precise thus helping doctor to treat tissue safely without affected the surrounding area. Laser treatments are very useful in getting rid of growth or cauterize blood vessels.
During the following medical procedures, laser therapy plays a vital role:
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Removal of kidney stones
- Removal of prostate
- Corneal eye surgery for improving vision
- Repair of a retinal detachment
- Treatment of diabetic eye disease
The process of laser therapy is 100% curative and helps in elimination of symptoms including pain. Not only this, laser therapy also boosts body’s immune system in a great way and at the same time facilitates natural healing. It is completely safe and has no side effects.
It magically treats musculoskeletal conditions, wound healing, sports injuries, arthritis and various types of dermatological conditions.
What are physiological effects of laser therapy?
The physiological effects of laser therapy include increased production and release of following hormones:
- Cortisol: It is a precursor of cortisone. The production of cortisol enhances which helps magically in combating stress related to various diseases, ailments and trauma.
- Growth hormone: It plays a key role in repairment of tissues in body.
- Endorphins: It aids in release and production of endorphins which acts as a natural analgesics.
- ATP: It enhances and regulates ATP production in body which aids in body’s cellular metabolism.
- It also helps in enhanced protein synthesis in body.
- It facilitates venous and lymphatic flow in body.
- It magically enhances body’s immune system.
- It accelerates cellular regeneration and restores cell morphology.
- The production of DNA increases substantially which is protein building block of tissues.
- Modulation of fibroblasts, macrophages and other cells occur.
- It aids in releasing cytokines and other chemicals which enhances cellular communications.
What are the clinical benefits of laser therapy?
The clinical benefits of laser therapy are:
- It decreases the need of pharmaceuticals in a great way.
- It is non-toxic in nature.
- It is very valuable in treating various kinds of body ailments.
- It magically eliminates pain from body.
- It restores body’s mobility and physical functioning in very less time.
- It can be easily applied.
- There are no adverse effects known related to laser therapy.
- There is no type of drug interactions.
- It makes surgical interventions unnecessary.
- It is an effective tool, an alternative treatment for all those patients who fails to respond well to conventional therapies.
- It improves lymphatic drainage.
- It positively alters the histamine response as well.