When specific wavelengths of light is used to repair soft tissue damage without any kind of pain, which also helps in accelerating the healing process is known as cold laser therapy. It involves no surgery, no bleeding and no cutting. Basically low intensity laser light is used while carrying out cold laser therapy.
All those who suffer from acute and chronic health conditions can go for cold laser therapy to get relief from pain and swelling associated with disease. It is also helpful in reducing spasms and increases functionality.
Cold laser therapy is totally safe and has been used around world since early 1960s. More than 200 clinical trials have been made without confirming even a single side effect of a cold laser therapy so far.
List of conditions that can be treated by cold laser therapy:
Do you know that cold laser therapy is very effective in stimulating all type of cells including cartilage, muscle, nerves and ligaments etc? Therefore this way, it helps in treating number of health conditions. List of health conditions that can be treated by cold laser therapy are written below:
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Arthritis pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Back pain
- Knee pain
- Neck pain
- Low back pain
It is often used for acupuncture. It stimulates body’s accupoints. This treatment is best for all those who want acupuncture but fears about using the needles.
What are the benefits of cold laser therapy?
The potential advantages of cold laser therapy are:
- It’s non-invasive procedure. This means it does not involve any surgical incision.
- Cold laser therapy does not involve longer recovery time.
- This wonderful therapy do not include taking any medications.
- Various studies have proved that cold laser therapy is free from any kind of serious side effects if it is used in a proper way by physicians.
What are the ill effects of cold laser therapy?
The various potential disadvantages of cold laser therapy include the following:
- Patients fail to get full relief from pain after the first treatment. Series of treatments usually 8 to 30 may be required for complete elimination of symptoms depending upon severity of condition.
- It may aggravate the injuries that are old, for several days. Some patients may experience this sensation for short period of time while others can feel it for few days.
- Cold laser therapy expenses are not covered under Medicare and Medicaid.
Cold laser therapy should not be used for treating carcinoma, cancerous lesions, over pregnant women and over thyroid. Also they should not be used in direct contact of eyes as they can permanently damage your eyes.
Cold laser therapy should not be done over pregnant women as their result over the child in utrus is still not known. Moreover even doctors should make use of protective eyeglasses so that there is no direct exposure of the eye and they can protect their eyes too.