The stage in woman’s life when her ovaries become less responsive to pituitary gland and cell producing eggs start disappearing is known as menopause. It is a biological process which brings end to menstruation and fertility in women on permanent basis.
Menopause is a natural process and not any medical illness. But the various physical and emotional symptoms of menopause can sap your energy, trigger feelings of anxiety, depression and totally disrupts your sleeping pattern.
It is true that menopause is not a medical problem but you can always seek treatment for getting relief from menopause symptoms.There are many effective treatments made available from lifestyle adjustments to hormone therapy to fight against symptoms of menopause.
The menopause stage may affect women anytime between the late 30s and the late 50s. But most commonly this transition occurs during 40s.
Symptoms of menopause
Always keep in mind that technically, women don’t hit menopause until it’s been one year since their last menstruation periods occurred. In U.S. menopause affect women at the age of 51 year on an average.
The list of common symptoms of menopause are:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Crashing fatigue
- Hot flashes, night sweats/ cold flashes, clammy feeling, flushes
- Dry vagina
- Mood swings
- Loss of libido
- Trouble in sleeping through night
- Irregular periods
- Sudden bouts of bloat
- Concentration difficulty, disorientation and mental confusion
- Disturbing memory lapses
- Breast tenderness
- Itchy and crawly skin
- Increased tension in muscles
- Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons
- Exacerbation of existing conditions
- Weight gain
- Changes in fingernails
- Increase in allergies
- Hair loss or thinning
- Increase in facial hair
- Dizziness, lightheadness
- Gum problems
- Changes in body odor
- Change in breath odor, bad taste in mouth, burning tongue
- Tingling in the extremities
- Eclectic shock sensation under the skin and in head
- Digestive problems
- Decreased fertility
- Increased abdominal fat
If you are also suffering from menopause symptoms, go through the list of effective treatments for menopause written below. These effective home remedies that can provide you long-lasting relief from these symptoms!
- For treating vaginal dryness, you can make use of over-the-counter water-based vaginal lubricants (Astroglide, K-Y) or moisturizers (vagisil, Replens) and stay sexually active with your partner.
- For getting sound sleep, avoid intake of caffeine. Do some simple exercises to promote sound sleep.
- Relaxation techniques also help in relieving menopausal symptoms in an effective way.