Laser hair therapy is an innovative, non-surgical treatment for all those men and women who are suffering from the problem of hair loss. It is easy and effective way to achieve shinier, thicker and healthier looking tresses.
Laser hair therapy is also known as low level laser hair therapy. This is because, in his therapy, low level laser light are used which delivers light energy to scalp directly.
It was first developed in Europe and since then it has been used world widely for improving hair volume, quality of hair shaft and also for prolonging the life of your hair in an effectual way.
Benefits of laser hair therapy
The various benefits of laser hair therapy are:
- It stimulates hair follicles.
- It provides softer, thicker, shinier, fuller tresses.
- It magically repairs damage caused due to chemical services.
- It improves hair strength and softness.
- It increases the supply o blood in scalp by 54% just after first treatment only.
- About 85% of patients experience less hair fall.
- It thrive newly transplanted hair and enhances the healing process.
- It combats the problem of scalp irritation.
Who can get benefit from laser hair therapy?
Men and women suffering from following conditions can go for laser hair therapy!
- Hormonal hair loss
- Menopausal changes
- Fine and limp hair
- Alopecia areata
- Postpartum changes
- Chemotherapy patients
- Hair loss due to medications or stress
- Hair loss from low levels of iron in body
- Hereditary male or female pattern loss
- Hair loss due to over processing
- Gastric bypass patients who have lose their tresses
- All those who have lost their hair due to disorders like trichtillomania and anorexia
Side effects of laser hair therapy
The various side effects involved in laser hair therapy are:
- Redness and swelling: Redness and swelling is the most common temporary side effect which lasts for 1-3 days after laser hair therapy. Even the area that has got treated can cause itching.
- Pigment changes: After laser hair therapy, the treated area may turn lighter or darker than before. This is temporary and gets nullified within short period of time. When wrong laser is used, the darker skin may turn lighter. Purpura is another possible skin change that may occur on temporary basis. This mainly affects when bleeding occurs below the skin which results into appearance of small spots of in purple color on skin.
- Bruising and bleeding: All those people who have sensitive skin may suffer from minor bruising after laser hair therapy. If therapy causes irritation in hair follicles, minor bleeding may occur along with scabbing. These two side effects only occur if the area is over-treated.
- Infection: It is the rarest side effect of laser hair therapy. Infection in the treated are may occur if the area is not properly disinfected or cleaned before and after the therapy. Basically it is considered as a minor side effect.