Fungus is a type of microorganism that causes fungal infections in body. The most common cause of fungal infections is fungus called tinea, whereas yeast infections are caused by fungus known as candida albicans.
Athlete’s foot, ringworm and jock itch are common types of fungal infections caused by tinea.
The symptoms of fungal infections vary from person to person, depending upon the type and severity of infection along with body part affected etc.
Some of the fungal infection symptoms are written below-have a look!
- Respiratory disorders like coughing, sinusitis, sneezing etc.
- bladder, spleen kidney and liver pain
- hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- sharp abdominal pains, nausea, stomach lesions, IBS, diarrhea
- difficulty in swallowing, spitting up mucous, choking
- asthmatic signs: coughing, wheezing, burning sensation in lungs and shortness in breath
- dark or painful urine
- burning in lungs and throat
- food allergies, altered immunity, leaky gut syndrome
- vision problems
- large boils on neck
- swollen lymph nodes
- Chronic fatigue
- Memory loss, slurred speech, dementia, brain fog
- Extreme cholesterol level, blood pressure or triglycerides irregularities
- Ringing in ears, loss of hearing and dizziness
- Thyroid irregularities, adrenal problems
- Yellowing of nails, white marks on nail, ridges
- Anxiety, depression, confusion, heart palpitations
- Irregular heartbeats or heart attack
- Nose bleeds
- Night head sweats
- Joint/ muscle stiffness and pain
- Sudden change in body weight
- Hair loss, brittlenails, temporary loss of fingerprints
- Reproductive system complications: miscarriage, infertility, changes in menstrual cycle
- Multiple chemical sensitivity
- Bruising or scarring, bloody lesions all over the skin
- Death in extreme cases
- Seizures, twitching, numbness in face and inadvertent facial movements
- Vaginal itching, vaginal irritation, thick white vaginal discharge in case of vaginal infection in vagina
What to do for combating fungal infection symptoms?
For reducing the fungal infection symptoms, seek prompt doctor’s help. You can also reduce risk of fungal infection by following means:
- Eating well-balanced and healthy, nutritious diet
- Avoiding douching
- Cleansing genitals daily with anti-fungus soap and water
- Changing tampons or sanitary napkins frequently.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting jeans, panties, thongs
- Getting early and regular prenatal care in pregnancy
- Avoid using feminine scents, deos
- Taking regular routine medical care
- Wearing cotton underwear
- Taking antibiotics regularly as prescribed by doctor
Hope this article and a list of Fungal Infection Symptoms helps you a lot in knowing about the problem.